Monday, December 26, 2016

Christmas 2016

The past 3 years we have alway driven to Utah from Idaho to celebrate Christmas with our families, this year Arah's family was in California and we were both hit with crazy snow storms. I love spending time with my family, but we have definitely made the most of being without them.

Christmas Eve we spent with some amazing friends who took us in and indulged in all my favorite silly traditions.  We made raclette for dinner (a new tradition) then Rice Pudding for dessert (complete with hidden almond) Rocky found the almond, it wasn't rigged at all;)

Then after our very cheesy dinner; we roped them into singing around the Christmas Tree with us.  It was a blast, we even got in all 12 days of Christmas.  The one problem we always have with singing around the tree is that we don't know all the lyrics, luckily we found a youtube video that had songs and lyrics, it worked wonders.  Taylor and Ana had wonderful singing voices that did a great job covering up my scary voice.  It warms my heart to carry on these Danish traditions that I have had my whole life.

We stayed late to wait up for Santa and even helped him assemble a toy kitchen for Rocky and Baby Eden. After one too many late nights this season we retired to our beds.... I was planning on sleeping in, but Arah was way too excited for Christmas morning.  As it turns out, Santa visited our house too! We went to church then relaxed the rest of the day. SO MUCH NAPPING!

Monday was for Skiing!





Adventure is out there!

0 comments:

Post a Comment